Located in beautiful Anchorage, Alaska, the Hilton Anchorage is located in downtown Anchorage and is an ideal place for conferences with plenty of stylish, functional, and flexible meeting facilities. Being an important tour destination, Anchorage is the largest city in Alaska and has a curious mix of industry and culture. Anchorage offers numerous technical and siteseeing opportunities to conference participants and their guests. Its natural beauty, well-conserved environment, and unique species of animals and plants make it a superbly attractive place for world-wide travelers.
Additional Conference Information
The reception will be held on Sunday, September 16 from 6:30p.m.-9:00p.m. at the Top of the World restaurant on the 15th floor of the Hilton. Please wear your badge.
The banquet will be held on Tuesday, September 18 from 6:30p.m.-10:00p.m. at the Top of the World restaurant and the Chart Room on the 15th floor of the Hilton. Please wear your badge.
The lunches on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, September 17, 18, and 19, from 12:30p.m.-2:00p.m. will be held in the Alaska/Aleutian ballrooms on the 2nd floor of the Hilton.
The check-in desk is located on the second floor of the Hilton and will be open on Sunday from 12:00p.m.-7:00p.m., Monday from 7:00a.m.-5:00p.m., Tuesday from 8:00a.m.-7:00p.m., and Wednesday from 8:00a.m.-noon.
- Creating the backdrop are the salmon-rich waters of Cook Inlet and the 5000-foot-plus peaks of Chugach State Park, the third largest state park in the country.
- Within a short drive from downtown are dozens of wilderness adventures and within an even shorter plane ride, almost any type of adventure is possible, the reason Anchorage’s Lake Hood is the world’s busiest floatplane base.
- Today you can relive Alaska's gold rush era and try your luck in panning for gold at Crow Creek and Indian Valley mines.
- Experiencing Alaska Native culture first-hand is a daunting task in a state that covers one-fifth the size of the entire U.S. and is spread over five distinct geographic regions, all well represented at the Alaska Native Heritage Center.
- The Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center is a nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving Alaska's wildlife through public education. AWCC takes in injured and orphaned animals year-round and provides spacious enclosures and quality animal care. Animals that cannot be released into the wild are given a permanent home at the center.
- Denali National Park is six million acres of wild land, bisected by one ribbon of road. Travelers along it see the relatively low-elevation taiga forest give way to high alpine tundra and snowy mountains, culminating in North America's tallest peak, 20,320' Mount McKinley. Wild animals large and small roam unfenced lands, living as they have for ages. Solitude, tranquility and wilderness await.
- The Alaska Zoo has provided a home for orphaned, injured and captive-born animals for more than four decades. We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to promoting the conservation of Arctic, sub-Arctic and like climate species through education, research and community enrichment
- Shopping: Close to the Conference it is the 5th Avenue Shopping Mall.
- Fine Dinning: Here are some options to have a great dinner in Anchorage.
- A little bit outside Anchorage, the Aleyska resort is a pretty nice place to go visit.
Special offers for ITSC2012 Attendees:
- Here ITSC2012 attendees can find a special offer from a local cruises and tours company to see gogeous glaciars and amazing wildlife.
- Special Student member discounts on activities.
500 West Third Avenue,
Anchorage, Alaska 99501, USA
Tel. +1 907 272 7411
Fax +1 907 265 7044
+61° 13' 10.61", -149° 53' 33.14"
From Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport , the easiest way to reach the Hilton Anchorage is via taxi. There are two taxi companies in Anchorage that have direct service from just outside baggage claim at the airport: Yellow Cab and Checker Cab. The cost should not be more than 20 USD each way and will take approximately 10 minutes. Additional people will not change the rate of the taxi. If you would like to rent a car, the rental car agency can provide you with directions to the Hilton Anchorage.
Hilton Special Offer for ITSC2012 attendants:
Here you can find a Personalized Hilton reservation URL, where you can book a room at the conference hotel at a very competitive rate.